September 23 – October 22
Conception Dates for a Libra Child: December 25-January 15
Get the camera ready. Sweet and charming Libras are picture-perfect babies. They’ll smile, coo, and show off their dimples for anyone who cares to fawn over them. If ever there was a sign that needed to be reminded of the “don’t talk to strangers” rule, it’s the Libra kid. As toddlers, they need lots of affection from their favorite adults and may annoy quieter siblings with their constant demands for attention. Libra is the sign that rules marriage, so divorce or the loss of a parent can hit them harder than most. They need to be reminded that they are loved over and over again. Without that reassurance, they may become brooding or hardened, like Libra Eminem, whose angry songs about his mother have been heard around the world. Symbolized by the scales of justice, little Libras are keenly aware of right and wrong. Their sense of balance and harmony makes them highly creative.
* Ruled by beautifying Venus, Libras like to make everything pretty. Let them decorate their rooms and set them up with lots of coloring books and dolls they can dress up. Boy Libras may spend hours building elaborate model cars and planes by hand.
* Generous to a fault, they have no problem sharing their snacks and toys with their playmates. Be prepared to dry a few tears when they discover that not everyone is aligned with their “what’s mine is yours” philosophy.
* Libras love celebrations and special occasions. Planning their birthday party can be something they talk about for months. Expect to visit Santa at the mall at least twice each Christmastime.
* Playing music for baby Libras will bring on smiles and they’ll love toys that make sounds or melodies.
* These precious performers can be graceful on stage and will love dressing up as ballerinas or acting in a school pageant.
* Ruled by the scales of justice, their favorite battle cry is, “that’s not fair!” Ask them to explain why they feel this way. A logical discussion often helps them understand why the rules are in place. They’ll get it.
* Time management is an issue for Libras; they won’t want to stop playing and socializing. Teach them to pay attention to the clock and set up clearly defined consequences for them when they are late.
* Since they love special treats, Libras will respond well to the reward system. Use this sparingly, and only when they go above and beyond the call of duty. Libras get spoiled easily and need to learn how to be responsible for themselves without always being given a cookie.
* Shower them with love, love and more love. Show up to all their special occasions and don’t forget their birthdays. They’ll pay it forward by being sweet and kind to siblings and other kids.
See another child’s sign:
Aries (March 21-April 19)
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
Leo (July 23-August 22)
Virgo (August 23-September 23)
Libra (September 23-October 22)
Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Sagittarius (Nov 22-December 21)
Capricorn (Dec 22-January 19)
Aquarius (January 20-February 18)
Pisces (February 19-March 20)
Illustration by Gwen Klisa