October 23 – November 21
Conception Dates for a Scorpio Baby: January 25-February 15
Scorpio babies are quite the firecrackers, born with tons of talent, and attitude to match. Brooding and intense one minute, smiling irresistibly the next, they’ll have you wrapped around their tiny little fingers. They tend to be introverts, so don’t be surprised if your Scorpio prefers to play alone for hours or only enjoys the company of one favorite friend or sibling. They are deeply sensitive but tend to hold in their feelings. If your Scorpio is being excessively quiet (or giving you the silent treatment), sit down for a judgment-free talk and let your kid tell you what’s going on. They can be remarkably intuitive, and you may just learn something new about yourself in the process!
* This sign is especially talented in the arts or music. Start them young with toy instruments and craft sets and they’ll entertain themselves for hours.
* They love to compete, so enter them in contests where they can shine as individuals.
* As the sign that rules transformation, many Scorpios love having an alter ego. Give them lots of dress-up clothes so they can go into costume. You may be shocked at how well they can emulate their favorite TV character or copy an accent. If you want to teach them a foreign language, they’ll pick up on it quickly at a young age.
* Girl Scorpios are fashionistas, and can be a bit fussy about playing games where they might get their pretty little outfits all dirty.
* As a water sign, they’ll prefer aquatic sports like swimming, diving and boating. Sign them up for swimming lessons early.
* Give them some one-on-one time. Scorpios have a jealous streak, so if they feel ignored or think another sibling is being favored they are sure to act out. One caveat: these kids can be clever and cunning; don’t get manipulated into favoring THEM!
* Scorpios have incredible memories and will recall every slight and fight from their childhood. Keep the home environment as calm and stable as possible t
o avoid spending a fortune on therapy when they are teens.
* Reward them for sharing. Scorpios can be incredibly possessive at times, to the point where you might hear them saying “mine!” a little too often. As early as possible, teach them the power of paying it forward. Praise them each time they are giving with siblings and peers. Like Scorpio Bill Gates, they could learn to channel their fortunes into a good cause one day.
* Scorpios like having “favorites”: favorite toys, foods, friends, etc. Learning their favorites is a good idea if you want to have an easy time keeping them occupied (the babies can spend hours fixating on a musical mobile above their cribs). Note: this sign can become obsessive, so you may need to nudge them to try new things.
See another child’s sign:
|Aries (March 21-April 19)Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
Leo (July 23-August 22)
Virgo (August 23-September 23)
Libra (September 23-October 22)
Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Sagittarius (Nov 22-December 21)
Capricorn (Dec 22-January 19)
Aquarius (January 20-February 18)
Pisces (February 19-March 20)
Illustration by Gwen Klisa